Low Carb Pepperoni Chips and Easy Cheese Crackers
Recipe from George Stella’s Still Livin’ Low Carb Cookbook
- PEPPERONI CHIPS
- 6 ounces thin-sliced pepperoni
- CHEESE CRACKERS
- 2 slices deluxe American cheese (not “processed cheese food”)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
EASY CHEESE CRACKERS
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Stack the slices of American cheese and cut them into 16 very small squares.
3. Separate the cheese squares and transfer them to a small bowl. Add the salt, chili powder, and garlic powder, and toss to combine.
4. Arrange the 32 cheese pieces in 4 rows of 8 on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving as much space in between each as possible. (A silicone baking mat works perfectly here and you can use it over and over.)
5. Bake until they puff up, are well browned (almost burnt), and crispy, about 7 to 8 minutes. If undercooked, they’ll be soggy, so don’t be afraid to check them and put them back in for more time, if needed.
Cool the crackers completely before serving since they will crisp up as they cool. Store on the counter in an airtight container for as long as a few days. Enjoy!
Calories:150 |Fat: 13g |Protein: 6g | Fiber:0g |Net Carbs:0g
See More of my Recipes on Pinterest--->