- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Adapted from keyingredient.com
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the stock or broth to a boil. Whisking constantly, add the couscous and mix until combined. Immediately spread the couscous in a large baking pan, cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
Using a fork, toss the couscous to break it up.
Add the parsley, mint, garlic, scallions, cucumber, bell pepper and zucchini and toss to combine.
Drizzle with the lemon juice and oil and toss to coat.
If the salad is not moist enough, add additional oil as necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve it with "Striped Bass With Lemon-Basil Marinade and Couscous Salad" (see recipe).
This recipe yields 4 servings.