Mesclun and Radicchio Salad with Shallot vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 T chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virigin olive oil
- 2 heads radicchio (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 pound mesclun (about 4 quarts loosely packed)
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leafed parsely leaves
Adapted from epicurious.com
In a small bowl wish together vinegar, shallot, honey, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Vinaigrette may be made 1 week ahead and chilled, covered. Bring vinaigrette to room temperature before using.
Trim radicchio and tear into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl toss together radicchio, mesclun and parsley.
Just before serving, drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss well with salt and pepper to taste.