Terri's Mac and Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter,
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (more or less depending on your need for cheese)
- 1 small brick of Velveeta cubed
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the velveeta cheese and one cup of shredded cheese, seasonings, stirring until cheese is melted. Drain macaroni.
2. Transfer macaroni to a greased crockpot. Pour cheese sauce over macaroni; mix well. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Keep warm in crockpot until ready to serve! If too dry, add more milk.
3. Serves about 6.