Spring Artichoke & Asparagus Pasta "Salad"
This light and healthy pasta salad is perfect for spring celebrations and outdoor dining.
- 2 cans of marinated artichoke hearts (approximately 10-12 hearts per can)
- 1 small lemon (zest and 1/2 juiced)
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan (powder consistency)
- 1 handful fresh Basil leaves
- 1 lb Orecchiette pasta
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- Marinade from the artichoke hearts
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Begin boiling water. Meanwhile, trim, and then cut the asparagus at an angle into 3/4" pieces.
2. Remove the hearts from the cans and place them in a food processor. Do not rinse or remove too much marinade from the hearts. Reserve the marinade for the pasta water, and you can also add more marinade to the artichoke puree if it is too thick.
3. Pour some of the artichoke marinade into the water for the pasta and add pasta; follow package directions for time. You can either steam the asparagus pieces on top of the boiling pasta for about 8 min. or add the asparagus to the pasta in the last 8-10 min. of cooking.
4. While the pasta and asparagus are cooking, add the lemon zest, 1/2 of the juice from the lemon, red wine vinegar, Parmesan, and basil leaves to the processor. Process until smooth, adding more marinade if needed.
5. Drain the pasta and asparagus, and run under cold water to cool to room temperature.
6. Mix everything together in a large serving bowl and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Avocado & Egg English Muffin 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Cornbread 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Pasta with Bacon and Corn 'Pesto' 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Farmhouse Macaroni & Cheese 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cheesy Skillet Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Asparagus Frico 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Artichoke-Spinach Spread 4.5/5 (4 Votes)