Carrot Raisin Salad
- Recipe !:
- 3 large carrots grated
- 1 1/2 apples grated (leave peelings on)
- 1/4-1/2 cup raisin
- 2 basil leaves (sliced thinly)
- Walnuts (chopped for topping)
- 1/2 apple (remove peelings)
- 1 lemon (Juiced)
- 1 Tab. raisins
- REcipe 2:Simply The Best Carrot Salad Ever!
- Yield: Serves 1
- Calories per serving: 432
- Macros per serving: Carbs 51g | Fat 23g | Protein 8g
- 2-4 carrots, depending on size, grated (no need to peel them!)
- 20 g raisins
- 20 g dried cranberries
- 10 g pumpkin seeds
- 10 g chopped pecans
- 10 g chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp unsweetened grated coconut
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
To make dressing put 1/2 apple, juice of one lemon, and raisins in small bender & blend until completely smooth. Pour on top of grated carrots, apples, raisins & thinly sliced basil leaves. Mix well.
Lightly sprinkle on chopped walnuts.
Add all ingredients through white wine vinegar to a large a mixing bowl. Set aside
In a separate bowl, add vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and Dijon mustard. Blend until well combined. Pour over reserved salad and stir well.
Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with more pumpkin seeds, chopped parsley and grated coconut, if desired.