Smoked Salmon Chowder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, rinsed and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups milk (any fat content)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over low heat. Add the leeks and garlic and sautéthem for 2 minutes.
2. Add the potato, celery, salt, and pepper and cook over medium heat for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add the broth and simmer until the potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste and milk, then the salmon, and bring the mixture back to a simmer for a few minutes (but don't let it boil, or the milk will separate).
5. As it simmers, stir in the cream.
6. Remove from heat, garnish with the chives, and serve.
You'll also love
- Spicy Sesame Noodles with Chopped... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cranberry-banana muffins (lisa's) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish Provencal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp & Corn Bisque 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Tilapia 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chili-Garlic Glazed Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mustard and Maple Glazed Salmon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Brandade With... 0/5 (0 Votes)