Quinoa & Black Bean Bowl with Blood Orange Sriracha Vinaigrette
You can prepare the quinoa, black beans and sweet potato in advance so that when meal time comes around prepping the bowl will be a breeze. You can have the ingredients in a container, similar to a salad and just top with the vinaigrette when you’re ready to eat.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained if using canned
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 4 cups baby kale (baby spinach or arugula will work too)
- 1 avocado, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Blood Orange Sriracha Vinaigrette
- juice of 2 blood oranges (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon blood orange zest
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
Adapted from eatingbirdfood.com
Prepare sauce by whisking together all ingredients except the oil, salt and pepper. Once combined, slowly whisk in the oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Be sure to adjust the vinaigrette to your tastes — add more oil or juice if it’s too spicy. Add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until water is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
While quinoa is cooking, bring a small pot of water to a boil and add sweet potato chunks. Simmer until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes. Strain the sweet potatoes and transfer to a bowl.
Grab serving dishes, add a base layer of baby kale on each dish, top with remaining ingredients, drizzle with vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and extra sriracha (if needed) and serve.
You'll also love
- Jumbo Marinated Shrimp with... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Paradise Island Cookies (Coconut,... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- burger - quinoa chickpea burger 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Panda Express-Style Orange Chicken 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Hearty Black Bean Quesadillas 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Grapefruit-Tangerine Cake 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Crockpot Orange Chicken 4.6/5 (36 Votes)