Vegetable Salad Rolls & Almond-Lime Sauce
- Sesame Ginger Carrot Salad:
- 3 carrots grated or cut in matchsticks
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp freshly minced ginger
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Almond-Lime Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp tamari (or dark soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sweetener like agave or honey
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 2-4 tbsp water (start with 2)
- Vegetable Salad Rolls:
- rice paper wrappers
- a large shallow pan of warm water to dip the sheets in
- a flat surface (like a large plate or counter) to roll on
- Combination of any(or all) of following ingredients:
- carrot salad
- red pepper
- bean sprouts
- red cabbage
- Thai basil
Adapted from eatingcuriously.com
Sesame Ginger Carrot Salad:
Toss everything in a bowl, cover and let sit in the fridge for an hour or two, if you can.
Almond-Lime Dipping Sauce:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, starting the water at 2 tbsp. Increase as necessary to thin for dipping. Chill.
Vegetable Salad Rolls:
Prep all of your veggies first. Make sure everything is sliced nice and thin for rolling.
Place one of the wrappers into the warm water, and hold it there for about a 10-count. Pull it out (shake it over the sink a little), and place it on your flat surface. Let it sit for about 30 more seconds so it gets nice and pliable, then put all of your stuff in there. Try not to go nuts and overfill it, or it’ll be hard to seal.
Fold the top down over the veggies, then fold the sides in, and then fold up the bottom and roll it over. (There might also be a handy-dandy diagram on your rice wrapper box.) If you tear the wrapper badly, it’s easier to wrap your torn one in a second sheet, than to start again.
Continue until everything’s rolled up, it should make about 8 rolls. You can serve them as whole rolls, or cut them in half with a nice sharp knife. Dip them in the almond-lime sauce and enjoy!