Josephine's Rice Cooker Pot Roast
This recipe is for the 10 cup rice cooker. Adjust
meat and liquid amounts to fit in the other sizes.
- 1 lb. chuck roast or pot roast, I cut the pot roast
- into 4 or 6 chunks
- flour, enough to cover the roast.seasoned woth
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 large vidalia or yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 1/2 cans of beef broth, I use lower sodium, you
- may have to add more liquid, I usually use water
- 1 stick salted butter
- 3 Tb. salted butter, to sear the roast
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 200mins
1. Cut the pot roast to fit yur rice cooker.
2. Roll the pot roast in seasoned flour enough
to cover the pot roast, shake off excess.
3. Place the 3 Tb. butter in the fry pan, I use my
my 12" pan.
Sear the meat on all sides.
4. In the rice cooker, place the butter, shut the
lid and turn it on to cook, melt the butter, add
the onions, pot roast and broth.
5, Shut the lid and cook for about 3 hours, if the
rice cooker goes to warm, check the liquid, add
more broth or water. Cook until fork tender.
Hint: 20 minutes before the roast is done, add
some carrots to the steamer, excellent with
this pot roast and serve with mashed potatoes.
The pot roast is so tender and the sauce is
You'll also love
- Herb Rice in the rice cooker 3.9/5 (12 Votes)