- 3/4 C whole wheat flour
- 3/4 C flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 2 large egg whites at room temp
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T canola oil
- 1/4 t lemon extract (optional)
- 1 C grated zucchini, lightly packed
- 2 T chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350. Coat 2 mini 6 x 3 inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
Whisk whole wheat flour, flour baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
Whisk egg whites, sugar, applesauce, oil and lemon extract in a medium bowl. Stir in zucchini.
Make a well in the dry ingredients; slowly, mix in the zucchini mixture with a rubber spatula. Fold in walnuts. Do not overmix. Transfer to the prepared pans.
Bake the loaves until a toothpick comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for about 5 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Aligot (Garlic and Cheese Mashed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef and Barley Soup - Martha... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Green Onion Omelette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- COOKIES - Libby's Great Pumpkin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Chile Squash Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Whoopie Pies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini-Artichoke Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)