Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 14-1/2 0z Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 med potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 med carrots, sliced
- 1 med green pepper, julienned
- 1 c sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 4 oz chopped green chiles
- 2 tbsp sugar
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
In a Dutch oven,brown beef in oil. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat and vegetables are tender.
1 1/2 c equals 276 calories.8 g fat (2g saturated fat); 35 mg cholesterol. 638 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein