Indian Carrot Salad
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups sliced cooked carrot
- 1/4 cup wheat sprouts (or cooked wheat berries)
Whisk oil and lime juice together in large bowl. Whisk in cumin, cinnamon, salt, and garlic. Stir in carrot. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
Serve chilled, garnished with wheat sprouts.
This recipe yields 8 servings. Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Exchanges Per Serving: 2 Vegetable.
Nutrition Facts: Carbohydrates 10g; Protein 1g; Fat 2g; Calories 61; Fiber 1.6g; Sodium 122mg; Cholesterol 0mg.
Note: Low-sodium diets: This recipe is suitable.