Giada's Expresso Brownies
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons expresso powder
- 1 - 19.8 oz. box brownie mix (such as Duncan Hines)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temperature
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
Wisk together 1/3 cup of the water, the oil, eggs and 2 tablespoons of the expresso powder in a large bowl. Add the brownie mix and stir until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake until a tookpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
When the brownies are cool, disolve the remaining 2 teaspoons of expresso powder in the remaining 2 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl. Whisk in the vanilla. Add the confectioners sugar and butter and shisk until smooth. With the brownies still in the pan, pour the glaze over the brownies. Refrigerate until the glaze is set. Cut into bite size pieces.