Jagerschnitzel with Bacon Mushroom Gravey
- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin, cut into 6-ounce portions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 cup crushed unsalted crackers
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1/2 diced yellow onion, approximately 1/2 cup
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pound pork slices between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thickness. In a shallow medium bowl, mix together 3/4 cup flour with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. In another shallow medium bowl, combine egg, milk and mustard. In another medium shallow bowl, combine cracker and panko crumbs. Dredge pork slices first in flour, then in egg wash, and finally in crumbs. Let set on a baking sheet fitted with a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
In a medium saute pan over medium heat cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan to drain on paper towels. In same pan with bacon fat, add onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue sauteing for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup flour. Cook flour to make roux until light brown, about 2 minutes. Add wine and cook for 3 minutes, reducing by 1/3, then add stock. Continue cooking to reduce by 1/3 again. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Heat 1/4-inch oil in thick saute pan or cast iron skillet to 350 degrees F. Cook pork evenly on both sides, about 5 minutes for the first side, 3 to 4 minutes for the second. Remove to platter when done. Add butter to sauce, stirring until it has melted. To serve, cover pork with sauce. Sprinkle with chopped bacon and fresh parsley to garnish.
You'll also love
- Roast - Cross Rib 'Garlic 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash,... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted brined Turkey 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rotisserie Tequila Turkey Breast 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin in a citrus sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Buttery Spinach and Mushrooms 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Blue Cheese, Peach, and Cinnamon... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Leek and Wild Mushroom Stuffing 5/5 (1 Votes)