Roast Pork with Cherry Almond Glaze
- 1 3 1/2 lb whole pork loin roast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 12 oz. jar of cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 T light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
Sprinkle roast with salt; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
In a small saucepan, bring the preserves, vinegar, corn syrup and spices to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Set aside 3/4 cup for serving. Stir almonds into remaining mixture.
Brush roast with some of the glaze. Bake 35-50 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees, brushing frequently with remaining glaze. Let stand for ten minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved cherry mixture.
You'll also love
- Aligot (Garlic and Cheese Mashed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef and Barley Soup - Martha... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Green Onion Omelette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheryl Ladd's Raw Apple Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey Glazed Bacon Burger 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Died and Gone to Heaven Peach Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- THE BEST PORK TENDERLOIN 0/5 (0 Votes)