Pan-Seared Chicken with Grapefruit Butter Sauce
- 2 lbs. new potatoes, halved
- 3 Tbl. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, green and white portions chopped separately
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 red grapefruits, 2 cut into segments and 2 juiced
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, cut into 8 pieces and chilled
Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, return to the pot and toss with the parsley.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook until browned, 5 to 8 minutes on each side; transfer to a plate.
Add the scallion whites to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add the wine and grapefruit juice, scraping up any browned bits; bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 2 Tbl. about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in 1 piece of butter until smooth; repeat with the remaining 7 pieces. Stir in the grapefruit segments and scallion greens and season with salt and pepper. Serve over the chicken, alongside the potatoes.
You'll also love
- Aligot (Garlic and Cheese Mashed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef and Barley Soup - Martha... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Green Onion Omelette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheryl Ladd's Raw Apple Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Died and Gone to Heaven Peach Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CHICKEN LEMONAISE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Not Steve's Authentic Key Lime Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Post Grape-Nuts Meatloaf 0/5 (0 Votes)