PUMPKIN WHOOPIE PIES
- 1 1/2 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt 3/4
- 3/43 /4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/41 /4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/41 /4 tsp ginger
- 1/41 /4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 (8 0z) pkg of cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
• Preheat over to 350 degrees. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper
• In bowl, an electric mixer, medium speed to mix brown sugar, oil & vanilla til well blended, about 3 min.
• Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth after each egg.
• Add pumpkin and mix until incorporated.
• In another bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg.
• Add half of the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix on medium speed until smooth. Scrape down sides with rubber spatula and add remaining flour mixture, and mix well.
• Drop 2 Tbsp portions of batter on baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each to allow for spreading.
• Bake for 11-13 minutes until puffed and set but still soft when touched lightly with fingertips.
• Let cakes cool for 3 minutes on baking sheets before transferring them to wire racks to finish cooling about 15-29 minutes.
• Repeat with remaining batter.
• Prepare filling while cakes are baking and cooling.
• In mixing bowl, use mixer on medium speed to mix cream cheese and butter until creamy.
• Add vanilla and half the confectioners’ sugar, mix on low at first to combine, then on high until smooth. Add remaining confectioners’ sugar and mix until smooth, about 3-4 minutes
• Assemble whoopie pies -spoon filling on to the flat sides of half the cakes dividing it evenly. Top with remained cakes, flat side against the filling, rounded side up. Serve immediately or wrap each whoopie individually in plastic wrap…can freeze for up to two months.
You'll also love
- PUMPKIN BISCOTTI 0/5 (0 Votes)