- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Dash ground cloves
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 (15 oz) can solid packed pumpkin
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts (you can buy them already shelled)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting (either make it or buy it)
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper
• Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in medium bowl.
• Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy
• Add pumpkin and water; beat until well blended
• Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
• Stir in pistachio nuts.
• Shape dough into 2 logs, each about 14 inches long and 4-5 inches wide on prepared cookie sheets.
• Bake about 40 minutes or until firm to the touch.
• Remove from oven; cool 20 minutes.
• Transfer logs to cutting board; cut into 1 inch thick slices.
• Arrange slices on cookie sheet; bake 20 minutes or until dry and lightly browned- turning once during the 20 minutes
• Cool biscotti on wire racks completely
• Microwave frosting in small bowl on high 30 seconds or until melted. Drizzle over biscotti.
• Let them dry completely
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (898 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)