Chocolate Chip Date Cake
Sheila Vrana shared this cake with us. We loved it.
- 1 C chopped sugared dates
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 C. boiling water
- 1/2 C. shortening
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
1. Mix dates, baking soda, and boiling water. Stand to cool.
2. Cream shortening and sugar and add eggs.
3. Sift flour and salt and add to creamed mixture
4. Blend in the mixture
5. Pour into greased 9" x 13" pan
6. Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of the cake prior to baking.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes