Pumpkin Mandelbrot w/Cinnamon Sugar
- Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium baking powder 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugars, eggs and pumpkin. Stir in spices, 3-1/2 cups of flour, reduced sodium baking powder and baking soda. Stir in more flour as required to make a stiff but soft batter. Using floured hands, spread dougb out on the baking sheet into 2 logs about 3 inches and 6-7 inches long.
~ Bake 35-50 minutes until the log is set and dry to the touch. Cool well and lower oven temperature to 325 F. Cut into diagonal cookies (about 30 pieces). Place cookies back on sheet and bake to crisp up cookies, about 20-30 minutes. Cool well and then toss cookies in cinnamon sugar (a paper bag works well, just gently shake to coat cookies).
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (898 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)