Cranberry Orange Cookies
These deliciously glazed cookies are so easy to whip up! You will definitely enjoy the sweet tart flavor combination!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended. Mix in 1 teaspoon orange zest and 2 tablespoons orange juice.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the orange mixture. Mix in cranberries and if using, walnuts, until evenly distributed.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be spaced at least 2 inches apart.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, 3 tablespoons orange juice and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled cookies. Let stand until set.
You'll also love
- Acorn Squash Alfredo, Vegan 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Quinoa Cakes with Spinach and Goat... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Chili's Honey Lime Dressing 3.7/5 (18 Votes)
- High Altitude Zucchini Bread 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Cookies and Cream Mug Cake 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Lemon Bark 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Blueberry Cobbler w/ Biscuit Crumb... 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Cranberry Pineapple Bread 4/5 (18 Votes)