Pasta with Chickpeas Tomatoes and Herbs
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 19 ounces chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 19 ounces chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup basil chopped- fresh
- 1/4 cup parmesan, parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- freshly grated
1. In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender but firm, 7 to 10 minutes; drain and transfer to large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, in saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic for 30 seconds.
Add tomatoes, dried basil, oregano and chick-peas; simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add fresh basil; simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour over hot pasta and toss to mix.
Sprinkle cheese over each serving.
242 calories/serving (approx.)
Serving 257g, Fat 7.0g, Sat 2.0g
Carb 37.0g, Fib 8.0g, Prot 10.0g
Chol 6mg, Sodium 527mg
You'll also love
- Crawfish Cornbread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Gingerbread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomato Souffle 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomato and Mozzarella Tilapia Bake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- HAMBURGER Tortellini soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Dinosaur BBQ Macaroni Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkish Garbanzo Bean Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole 4.4/5 (19 Votes)