Baked Eggs in Prosciutto Hash Brown Cups
Impress your guests and family with this easy breakfast that starts with frozen hash browns mixed with seasonings to form a nest that is covered with a piece of prosciutto and then holds an egg to bake to perfection.
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash browns, fully thawed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, halved crosswise
- 12 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
Put hash browns in a clean kitchen towel; working over the sink, squeeze and wring the towel to remove as much liquid from the hash browns as possible. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in oil, rosemary, paprika, pepper and salt until combined. Divide the mixture among the muffin cups (about 1/3 cup each), then press into the bottom and up the sides of each cup to form a “nest.” (There should be a solid layer in the bottom of the cup, but it’s OK if the hash browns don’t go completely up the sides.) Generously coat the hash browns with cooking spray.
Bake the hash brown nests until golden brown on the bottom and edges, about 30 minutes.
Lay 1 piece of prosciutto into each hash brown nest, letting it overhang the edges. One at a time, crack an egg into a small bowl and slip it into a nest. (It’s OK if some of the egg white spills over.)
Bake, rotating the pan front to back halfway through, until the eggs are cooked to desired doneness, 10 to 15 minutes for medium set or 15 to 18 minutes for hard set. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edges of each nest a few times to loosen completely, then use the knife to lift them out of the tin. Serve sprinkled with chives.
You'll also love
- Tickle's Pineapple Casserole 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Marsala Chicken and Mushroom... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Sunday Slow Cooker: White Chicken... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Easter Peep S'mores 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Baby Back Ribs in an Instant Pot 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Strawberry Cake Mix Donuts 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Loaded Breakfast Quesadillas 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Ricotta Mini Waffles 4.5/5 (11 Votes)