Brownie Coffeecake PRINT
- YIELD: 12 servings
Brownie cake with streusel topping, you get a Brownie Coffeecake! Source: Woman’s Day magazine Holiday special issue January ’09.
|2||Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder|
|½||teaspoon baking powder|
|½||teaspoon baking soda|
|1||stick butter (½ cup)|
|1½||cups semisweet chocoalte chips|
|½||cup packed light brown sugar|
|¾||cup sour cream|
|½||cup EACH flour, light brown sugar,|
|½||stick (4 tablespoons) Butter|
1. Heat oven to 350. Coat a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
2. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl until thoroughly blended.
3. Melt butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar, then eggs, and vanilla until blended. Stir in sour cream. Scrape into flour mixture; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared pan.
4. Work all streusel ingredients with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over batter in pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
5. Drizzle with melted chocolate and border with pecans, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.