Pineapple Upside-Down Pumpkin Gingerbread Cake PRINT
Adapted from Bon Appétit
|Nonstick vegetable oil spray|
|⅔||cup (packed) golden brown sugar|
|2||tbsp pineapple juice (juice from can)|
|1||tsp light molasses|
|2||cups all purpose flour|
|2||tsp baking soda|
|2||tsp baking powder|
|1¼||tsp ground cinnamon|
|1||tsp ground ginger|
|1||stick butter, room temperature|
|½||cup light molasses|
|½||cup canned pumpkin|
|½||cup boiling water|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees-f.
2. Spray 9×9×2-inch metal baking pan with nonstick spray.
3. Combine sugar, butter, pineapple juice concentrate, and molasses in heavy small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, whisking until sugar dissolves and syrup is smooth; boil 1 minute.
4. Pour evenly into prepared pan.
5. Arrange pineapple slices close together in single layer in syrup.
1. Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl.
2. Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
3. Add sugar and beat to blend.
4. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
5. Beat in molasses, then pumpkin.
6. Beat in dry ingredients just until blended, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
7. Beat in 1/2 cup boiling water.
8. Pour batter evenly into pan.
9. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
10. Cool cake in pan 45 minutes.
11. Place platter over pan and invert. Let stand 5 minutes.
12. Gently lift off pan. Serve cake warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.