Vanilla Sugar Cookies PRINT
- YIELD: 6-8 dozen depending on size
- PREP TIME: 20 min
- COOK TIME: 10 min
|2||cups unsalted butter|
|1||teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|1||teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste|
|3||teaspoons baking powder|
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
3. Mix dry ingredients together and add two cups at a time to creamed butter mixture.
4. Mix well.
5. Divide dough into three or four equal amounts.
6. Roll each piece to desired thickness between two sheets of parchment paper and then place in refrigerator for about 1/2 hour.
7. Once thoroughly chilled, cut dough into desired shapes and place on baking sheet.
8. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges.
9. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before carefully moving to cooling rack.