Easter Bunny Cookies PRINT
- YIELD: 6-8 dozen
These cute little Easter Bunny sugar cookies can be decorated in no time.
|Baked sugar cookies|
|Gel or paste food coloring (pink and blue)|
|Pink sanding sugar|
|Small batch of royal icing (or buttercream)*|
|Piping bag and #1 or #2 round tip|
|If you aren’t up for piping royal icing, you can always use edible ink markers for the eyes, nose, mouth and whiskers.|
1. Colour a small amount of fondant blue for the eyes and colour a slightly larger amount of fondant pink for inside of ears and for nose.
2. Colour a small amount of royal icing or buttercream pink while leaving the rest white.
3. Using the cookie cutter you used to make the bunny cookies, cut the same shape out of white fondant.
4. Cut away the inside of the ears using a small leaf cutter.
5. Lightly brush the cookie with corn syrup – you just want enough to make the fondant stick.
6. Place the fondant on the cookie.
7. Replace cutout ear sections with pink fondant leaf cutouts.
8. Smooth out edges using fingers or a fondant smoother.
9. Using a small brush dipped in water or edible glue, dampen the pink section of the ears. Sprinkle sanding sugar on top. Flip over and tap lightly to remove excess sugar.
10. Roll two small balls of blue fondant for the eyes. Flatten slightly and dampen one side using small brush. Place eyes (damp side down) on bunny’s face.
11. From pink fondant, cut a small heart either freehand or by using a fondant punch. (You could also just roll a round ball for a nose.) Dampen nose and place under the eyes.
12. If using petal dust, dry brush a small amount on the cheeks of the bunny.
13. Pipe mouth out of the pink icing and whiskers out of the white icing.
14. Let cookies sit under a tea towel for 24 hours before packing in a tin or wrapping in cello.