Blueberry Streusel Muffins PRINT
|1||3 ⁄4 cups all-purpose flour|
|1||⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal|
|2||tsp baking powder|
|3||⁄4 cup sugar|
|1||⁄2 cup milk|
|1||⁄3 cup (5 Tbsp plus 1 tsp) unsalted butter, melted|
|3||Tbsp lemon juice|
|2||⁄3 cup all-purpose flour|
|1||⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar|
|1||⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1||⁄4 cup (4 Tbsp) unsalted butter, softened|
|1||⁄2 cup confectioners sugar|
|2 to 2||1 ⁄4 tsp milk|
Heat oven to 375°F. Line 6 jumbo-size muffin cups with paper liners or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Make Streusel: With fork or fingers, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Add butter until blended and crumbly.
3. Place flour in medium bowl. Remove 1 Tbsp and toss with blueberries in a small bowl. To remaining flour, add yellow cornmeal, baking powder and salt; mix well. In another bowl, whisk sugar with eggs, milk, melted butter and lemon juice.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just blended; fold in blueberries.
5. Spoon about 1⁄2 cup batter into each muffin cup; crumble streusel on top. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes in pan, remove muffins from pan and cool on wire rack.
6. Make Drizzle: Mix 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar and 2 to 21⁄4 tsp milk until smooth and pourable. Drizzle over muffins.
Yield 6 jumbo muffins
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrates 97g
Dietary Fiber 2g