Almond Streusel Cake PRINT
- YIELD: 16 servings
- PREP TIME: 25 min
- COOK TIME: 40 min
|1||cup firmly packed light brown sugar|
|1||cup sliced almonds|
|¼||cup all-purpose flour|
|3||tablespoons butter or margarine, melted|
|1||teaspoon grated ornge zest|
|½||cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened|
|½||cup granulated sugar|
|1||teaspoon grated orange zest|
|½||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|⅔||cup orange juice|
|½||cup confectioners' sugar|
|2||and ½ teaspoons orange juice|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
2. To prepare the streusel, in a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, nuts, and flour. Stir in the butter and zest.
3. To prepare cake, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. “Add eggs, w at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in zest and vanilla.
4/ In a large bowl, mix togther the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
5. Reduce mixer speed to low. Alternately beat flour mixture and orange juice into egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
6. Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Top with the remaining batter and streusel.
7. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. to prepare the glaze, in a cup, stir together confectioners’ sugar and orange juice until smooth.
9. Turn the cake out onto a serving plate, placing it right-side up. Drizzle with the glaze.