Uncle Sam's Berry Pie PRINT
- YIELD: 6 servings
- PREP TIME: 20 min
- COOK TIME: 20 min
|2 - 9||inch refrigerated pie dough dics|
|4||cups strawberries hulled and sliced in half|
|2||cups blue berries washed and drained|
|1||cup sugar divided|
|Heavy whipping cream|
|Pure vanilla extract|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Bake 1 crust as per directions on package
3. Combine strawberries and blueberries and 1/2 cup – let set for 20 minutes
4. Roll out other crust. Using a star cookie cutter, press out stars. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake 10 minutes until golden brown.
5. Add a drop or 2 of vanilla and a teaspoon of sugar to whip cream.
6. Pile strawberries and blueberries in a pre-baked shell. Top with whip cream. Arrange 3 stars on top.