Nutella Banana Bread PRINT
|1||Tbsp all purpose flour|
|1¾||c all purpose flour|
|1||tsp baking powder|
|¼||Tbsp baking soda|
|2||large eggs slightly beaten|
|½||c canola oil|
|3||large ripe bananas mashed|
|1||tsp pure vanilla extract|
|½||c mini chocolate chips|
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare loaf pan (9×5×3) with cooking spray and a light dusting of flour. Discard any flour that doesn’t stick to the pan.
2. In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. I use a big whisk.
3. In medium bowl combine mashed bananas, eggs, oil. vanilla and Nutella. You can use a mixer for this but a little elbow grease and a whisk seems to work fine for me.
4. With rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and don’t over mix. You don’t want the batter to be smooth. It should be combined, but thick and chunky. Now fold in the mini chips, and pour batter into prepared pan. Bake on center oven rack for 55 to 60 minutes.
5. Place on wire rack to cool (about a half hour). Remove bread from pan and let cool. Slice and enjoy.
6. This bread is great as is, but if you’re feeling decadent, try it toasted, with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream, add a few mini chips and some chopped hazelnuts. And maybe a few banana slices and a very small dab of Nutella on top. That’s when it becomes an over-the top dessert.