Lentils With Onions and Tomatoes PRINT
- YIELD: 4 servings
I don’t use salt.
|1||chicken bouillon cubes or 1 veggie bouillon cube|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|1||teaspoon garlic powder|
|½||teaspoon dried rosemary|
|¼||cup whipping cream|
1. Put lentils, bouillon cube, and water into a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer until lentils are soft and most of the water is absorbed, about 20-25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate saute pan, add oil and onions and saute until onions are soft and browned.
3. Stir in tomatoes, garlic powder, and rosemary. Let cook over medium heat until tomatoes are cooked down a bit, about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Combine lentils and onion mixture, stirring well.
5. Adjust temperature to low. Pour in whipping cream, stirring gently.
6. Allow to heat through on low for an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.