Bagia - Vegetable Fritters PRINT
- YIELD: 4 servings
A different kind of vegetable fritter with no dairy or eggs.
|¾||Cup all purpose flour|
|¼||Cup whole wheat flour|
|⅛||Teaspoon baking powder|
|½||Teaspoon salt (optional)|
|⅛||Teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1||small carrot finely chopped|
|½||medium bell pepper, chopped|
|1||Cup vegetable oil|
1. In medium bowl combine flours, baking powder, salt, pepper and tumeric. Mix well until blended
2. Add chopped vegetables; mix well
3. Stir in water until moistened and mixture is somewhat pasty
4. In 9 inch skillet heat oil. Add batter to hot oil. Fry round tablespoons at least one inch apart
5. After cooking about 30 seconds, turn and flatten with fork. Cook about five minutes, turning twice.