Biscuit Tortoni PRINT
|¾||Cup granulated sugar|
|16||small almond macaroons|
|2||teaspoons almond extract|
|2||cups heavy cream|
|paper cup cake cups|
1. Cook sugar and water until it spins a thread (230 degrees)
2. Beat egg whites until stiff – not dry. Slowly stir in sugar syrup and mix well.
3. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon color. Add to sugar mix. Stir well.
4. Crush macaroons into fine crumbs. (Reserve 3 Tablespoons) Add remainder to mixture along with almond and vanilla extract.
5. Whip cream until stiff and mix well into mixture and put into freezer for twenty minutes.
6. Stir mixture to keep crumbs from settling. Put mixture into paper cupcake cups and sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Freeze.