Skillet cornbread--Not your boxed skillet cornbread mix PRINT
- YIELD: 10 servings
This is Yankee Style cornbread, just the way I like it— Sweet with slathered butter and honey. Who needs cornbread mix?
|⅓||c softened butter|
|1||tsp vanilla extract|
|1-½||c all-purpose flour|
|1||T baking powder|
|1-⅓||c milk (I used skim milk)|
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 10-1/2” cast-iron skillet and place in oven while it is preheating.
2) In a large bowl, cream together sugar, butter, salt, & vanilla.
3) Stir in eggs and mix well.
4) In a separate medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, & cornmeal.
5) Alternately stir flour mixture & milk into egg mixture and beat until well-blended.
6) Bake in preheated cast-iron skillet for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7) Serve warm with butter & honey.